Recycled T-Shirt Bracelet
What You Need:
- The sleeve of a soft, clean cotton t-shirt
- A ruler
- A cutting tool (the best results come if you use a rotary cutter* with a self healing mat but you can also use plain old scissors)
- Lay the shirt sleeve out on a flat surface.
- Using scissors or your rotary cutter, slice off the hem. Discard.
- From the hem edge, measure up 3/4” and cut straight across sleeve. Continue up the sleeve until you reach the seam. For a thick bracelet, cut up both sleeves. You can also use sleeves of an alternating color to mix in.
- S tretch each strip out, it will automatically start to furl into itself.
- Now put all your loops together. Make sure the seams line up.
- Using a scrap piece of the same fabric, loop around the seams to cover them.
- Tuck the end of the scrap under the loops.
- Now you can loop it around once or twice to wear as a bracelet.
Elephant design shirt @ $29 at urban outfitters